Vote for Ernie – More experience for less cost
- The only candidate to not take a County pension saving taxpayers over $150,000
- Authored “California Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights” legislation and Original Prop 13 Regulations.
Vote for Ernie – Only qualified candidate
- The only candidate that meets the legal requirement to hold the office as a California Certified Property Tax Appraiser.
Vote for Ernie – A track record of success
- Successfully manages 405 employees, 5 offices, and a $71,000,000 budget
- Worked overtime to lower property taxes and provide some relief during the economic recession for taxpayers whose homes lost value.
- Receiving a 98.3 % positive customer service survey rating and 4 ½ stars on YELP by changing the department “culture” to put customers first.
- Returned an average $3,814,087 of his annual budget to the County general fund
- Reopened 2 regional offices to the public
- Extended office hours and included Saturday hours with no new staff
- Implemented innovative technology so taxpayers can conveniently move from in-line to online.
- First Assessor’s office in California to implement online forms with secure electronic signatures
- Received state and national awards for technological innovation
- Established a Senior Citizen and Disabled Veterans advisories.
- 20+ years experience advocating for taxpayers